PUBLICITY ON THE INTERNET
Creating Successful Publicity Campaigns
on the Internet and Commercial Online Services
By Steve O'Keefe
Published by John Wiley & Sons
ISBN: 0-471-16175-6, 402 Pages
Phone 1-800-225-5945 for phone orders,
wholesale orders, bookstore orders, corporate sales, premium sales, rights sales.
Buy it at Amazon.com
Buy it at Book Stacks
Tenagra Award for
Internet Marketing Excellence!
People Love It! ~ People Hate It! ~ What Do You Think?
PUBLICITY ON THE INTERNET
Do you want more hits at your web site? Do you want to get attention on the net without getting flamed? Do you want to reach the online media without making them mad? Then you want Publicity on the Internet, a complete guide to promoting any product, service, person, or event on the Internet and commercial online services.
Increase Traffic at Your Web Site:
- Directory registration secrets of the SuperSites
- Seed the web with graphical hotlinks to your home page
- Contests, quizzes, parties and Stupid Web Tricks!
Plan and Promote Online Events:
- Hold a Grand Opening for your web site
- Promote a Live Chat or complete Cybertour
- Trade shows, movie premieres, special exhibits, and more!
Get Media Coverage Online and Off:
- Why e-mail news releases are so incredibly responsive
- Why conventional news releases don't work online
- Using the Internet to get broadcast and print coverage
Launch a New Product or Business:
- Post net-correct announcements on newsgroups and mailing lists
- Advertise free on America Online, CompuServe and Prodigy
- Position yourself as the leading authority in your field
Defend Yourself from Online Attacks:
- How companies use Internet Firefighters -- and why some wish they had
- Use powerful information filters to collect competitive intelligence
- How to handle hackers, hecklers, flamers, and other malcontents!
Publicity on the Internet is a detailed, nuts and bolts manual
for building an online publicity juggernaut. It contains everything
you need: step-by-step instructions, checklists, sample documents, links
to incredible time-saving resources, and more. The text is highlighted
with online marketing horror stories and spectacular successes.
Publicity on the Internet shows you how to get attention
for your products and services without getting scorched by online pyromaniacs
who hate advertisers. If you want to reach the international marketplace
of millions of Internet users and thousands of journalists--but you don't
want to get flamed in the process--get Publicity on the Internet
and get started today!
About the Author:
STEVE O'KEEFE is an Internet publicity pioneer. The founder of Internet
Publicity Services, Steve has helped hundreds of companies promote their
products and services online. He has made every marketing blunder imaginable
and invites you to learn from his mistakes.
Steve writes the syndicated column Online Marketing and his
work has been anthologized in the book Publicity Basics by the prestigious
Council of Literary Magazines and Presses. His writings have also appeared
in Internet World, The Wall Street Journal, Harper's, Small Press, HotWired,
and dozens of trade newsletters, zines and electronic publications.
~ Internet Publicity Resources ~ Buy Steve's Book ~